Companies around the world are increasingly focused on ways to reduce their climate footprint. 1,500 companies now have set Science-Based Targets (SBTs) and many companies are setting Net Zero Targets. Reducing food loss and waste in a company’s operations and supply chain is an underappreciated approach for reducing its greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
Hosted by WRI, Cargill, and Champions 12.3, this event will dive into new guidance on how companies should quantify the GHG benefits from reducing food loss and waste, how to incorporate these reductions in their company inventories and science-based GHG reduction targets, and how to communicate about the climate benefits of reducing food loss and waste.
- Craig Hanson, Vice President for Food, Forest, Water & Ocean, WRI
- Greg Downing, Sustainability Director, Climate, Cargill
- Richard Waite, Senior Research Associate, Food, WRI
- Kai Robertson, Lead Advisor, FLW Protocol
- Javiera Charad, Global Climate Delivery Manager, Nestlé
- Nell Fry, Director of Sustainability & CSR, Sodexo