Reducing food loss and waste remains one of the most underutilized strategies for combating the climate crisis, boosting food security and securing economic gains for farmers and food businesses.
Just seven years remain to meet SDG Target 12.3’s call to halve food loss and waste. This Champions 12.3 event offered an in-depth look at where global efforts stand, examples of shining lights that are showing governments and businesses how to succeed, and what opportunities must be leveraged at COP28 to make reducing food loss and waste a priority solution in government and corporate climate strategies.
- Jane Ewing, Senior Vice President, Sustainability, Walmart
- Facundo Etchebehere, SVP, Sustainability Strategy & Partnerships, Danone
- Dina Esposito, Assistant Administrator, USAID
- Pablo Vieira, Global Director, NDC Partnership Support Unit
- Maximo Torero, Chief Economist, FAO
- Geeta Sethi, Advisor and Global Lead for Food Systems, World Bank
- Craig Hanson, Managing Director for Programs, WRI
- + More!