Every year the global economy loses $1 trillion from food loss and waste. From producers to retailers, the private sector has pulled together to address this massive inefficiency in the worldwide food system. Through whole-supply-chain initiatives like 10x20x30, the scale of action is accelerating.
But with less than a decade left to achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goal’s target of a 50% reduction in food loss and waste, what opportunities exist to make further inroads by 2030?
This event from Champions 12.3, The Consumer Goods Forum and WBCSD will dive into what progress has been made and where corporate action can still expand. Speakers will present lessons from across sectors and highlight priority action areas to help put the world on a path to halving food loss and waste.
Audience members will hear from companies such as Ahold Delhaize, Unilever, Covestro India, Rabobank and more.
The event will last from 10-11:00am ET / 4-5:00pm CET / 10-11:00pm China Standard Time & Singapore Standard Time.
- Brittni Furrow, Vice President Health & Sustainability at Ahold Delhaize USA
- Anand Srinivasan, Managing Director, Covestro India
- Christina Bauer-Plank, Global Brand Vice President Hellmann’s at Unilever
- Margit van den Berg, Sr. Program manager SDG transitions team, Rabobank
- Craig Hanson, Vice President, World Resources Institute